Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2002

I was planning to post as soon as we got back from Baltimore. Life is what happens when you're making other plans. I had so much to say but I kept adding more to the spiel in my head. I'll try to be brief.

Baltimore itself is a great little city. The aquarium (see previous post for a link to their website) was exceptional. We didn't expect the dolphin show included with the entrance price, so that was a bonus. One piece of advice: the queues are always long, so book your tickets ahead if at all possible. That way, you get to use the e-ticket machine and jump the crowds at the ticket windows.

The whole Inner Harbor area is quite close to Camden Yards and the birthplace of 'Babe' Ruth. If you don't know anything about baseball (and I didn't know a thing before I was 28 years old because I'm such a Limey), you won't know that Camden Yards is the home to the Baltimore Orieles and 'The Babe' was one of the greatest athletes. Ever. He's up there with Péle when it comes to names you know even if you know nothing about the sport he took part in. There's a statue outside the stadium, which I was proud to have a picture taken next to.

Sunday, and another footy game at Sherwood Park. Weather was awful and I scored one of the best goals I've ever managed to bang into the back of the onion bag.

Househunting: I haven't mentioned it in the blog before because not a lot of progress has been reported. We're looking for a nice three-bedroom house in the town, something in a good neighbourhood. Which means we haven't found the right house yet. It also means I'm still spelling things like 'neighbourhood' the un-American way!

Listen: Sale Of The Century - Sleeper.