Search This Blog

Sunday, October 06, 2002

I ache. I have only myself to blame.

I play in a local footie Sunday League team. Seeing as this is the States, I should really call it a soccer team. I'm not going to, because most of the people that play in our squad are not natives. There's me, Mick (a Welshman that has lived in London for a few decades), Sami the Greek, Niko the Greek (both big Olympiakos fans), and a multitude of Spanish speaking players such as Javier, Orlando etc. All the teams in the league are equally out of shape. Average age of players: 35. Average rate of fitness: what's fitness? Anyway; thanks to it being an American league, we play in the spring and summer (mainly because we can get a few feet of snow here in the winter) so we're currently making the best of a warm spell at the moment and having 'friendlies'. I alternated between goalie, defender and central midfield and we won 9-6.

I'm seriously out of shape, though. My knees feel like they're going to lock and some idiot stood on my foot (we have shinguards and ankle protectors and nobody has thought to build protection into the boots yet?), but apart from that I feel fine.

I've also been messing around with ASCII art (click on the link to read about ASCII from Maija Haavisto's web page if you don't know what it is). I would post some of my fine creations here, but I can't because the layout of the page won't let me (awww, shame). If you have newsgroups access, you can find me occasionally posting some of my more 'insipid' works on alt.fan.starwars ...it gets them mad when I have a pic of C3PO saying he's Uncle Owen's toyboy.

I should get out more.

Listen: Higher State Of Consciousness - Josh Wink.