Search This Blog

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Happy Fourth Second of July from the land of good news.

First of all, a big happy 35th birthday to Beth. Happy birthday, love!

Now for the headlines. I got promoted at work. I'm now training new recruits the job I've been doing since 2001. More money, company laptop, salary (so I get a better vacation deal too). I'd rather be designing web pages, truth be told, but it looks like I may get to do that in my spare time for a few dollars anyway (thanks Gene... maybe I can get your web site polished up for gratis!).

If you have a quick read of the last posting, you'll see that we had no fun with one builder but were lined up to meet another. Well, good news again because this one designs the houses he builds, we've fallen in love with one of the designs, it's within our budget and this time we got a detailed run-down of everything involved in the construction. Frost block? Sewage permit? Even factoring in the cost of blasting hypothetical bedrock, should we need it? We know how much it'll all cost. The beauty of it all is that we know someone that went with them (I think I mentioned it last time around) and their detailed run-down has been nicely accurate.

So as we look forward to another summer of barbeques, getting out and about in nice weather (and hopefully a great summer of music leading to an end to world hunger after the Live8 concerts), I'll be detailing the progress of Chez Seabrook in the months to come.

Listen : Feel Good Hit Of The Summer - Queens Of The Stone Age ... Blood Red Summer - Coheed & Cambria ... The Sun Rising - The Beloved ... Happy Birthday - Altered Images.

No comments: